Summary: This is a simple lesson in getting started on Snapchat.
Using Snapchat for marketing is not unlike using any other method of marketing. You have to learn about the tool, brainstorm how you’ll use the tool, and then implement your ideas. As you implement the ideas you’ve developed, you can then judge whether or not what you’re doing is working or not and adjust along the way. That’s one thing that is really fascinating about online marketing – nothing ever has to be set in stone. If it’s not working you can change it on the fly and create something that does work.
To get started on Snapchat marketing, the first thing you need to do is sign up for Snapchat and practice using it with a friend. Learn the ins and outs. You can always delete that account and start a new one for your business once you figure out how to use it. Here are things to think about before you create your Snapchat for marketing.
- Consider Which Email Address You’ll Use – You can’t change this without deleting your account so consider it carefully. On one hand your @business email is great, but you may want to create a special email for it.
- Choose a Good User ID – You can’t change this without deleting your account, therefore you want to choose the right ID.
- Choose a Relevant Display Name – You can change this, but pick something relevant, such as your name Life Coach or the name of your product or service.
- Brainstorm Content Ideas – Think about what type of content you’re going to put on Snapchat. Make a list of ideas that you can use when you’re ready.
- Start Snapping – You’ll be glad you did. You don’t have to do one every hour, you can do just a few snaps a day that are valuable, exclusive and creative.