Summary: After you’ve learned how to use Snapchat and practiced making Snaps, adding them to Stories and sending individual snaps to friends – because you want to be sure you know what you’re doing before you go “live” to the world – now you can start working on getting more friends or followers.
- 1. Invite People – On all your other social media and your website tell people your User Name for Snapchat. You can also invite people to scan your Snapchat screen which will automatically add them.
- 2. Share Unique Content – Don’t put the same types of things on your Snapchat that you put on other social media. You want the things you share on Snapchat to be individualized, unique and exclusive to your Snapchat friends.
- 3. Mix it Up – On Snapchat you want to post random updates as well as more planned updates for stories. For example, if you’re at an event you may want to add that event to your story all day long for your audience to see and respond to.
- 4. Have a Contest – You can use other social media to promote a Snapchat contest. They have to go on Snapchat and add you as a friend in order to find out more information about the contest.
- 5. Do a Snapchat Q & A – You’ll see a lot of YouTubers doing Snap Chat Q & A’s successfully. This is a wonderful way to not only get more friends to add you, but it also helps provide content ideas for other social media platforms.
- 6. Perform a “Day in the Life” – Using Stories, you can go behind the scenes and show your followers what goes on. For example, during Fashion Week, one designer shared their fashions right before the models went down the runway.
- 7. Partner with Influencers – Spend some money sending samples if you have a product to popular Snapchatters with a huge following. When the people who have a large following mention you, their audience will look for you and add you as a friend.
- 8. Use the Snap Chat Directory – There is an online Snapchatter directory you can put your information on and get others to find you and friend you. Enter your information in there, plus the demographics you’re hoping to attract and you’ll soon get more friends.
- 9. Create Open Stories – Create stories that anyone can view. They stay up for 24 hours so it’s a good idea to try to create at least one relevant story each week that is open for anyone to view and reply to.
- 10. Use the Discover Feature – This allows brands to have a permanent place on the social media network using stories. Comedy Central, sports teams, and more use this feature with great success.
To get more Snapchat friends you’ll need to become part of Snapchat. Reply to Snapchatters, mention your Snapchat on other social media channels and your website. Don’t be shy, be creative and you’ll be a pro in no time. You can use Snapchat to market your business in a multitude of ways.